Taste of the Trail
April 4–6 and 11–13, 2014: Taste of the Trail
Come out and try some great food and wine this weekend and the next along the Niagara Wine Trail! The Red Coach Inn will be pairing with Victorianbourg Wine Estate from April 11th – 13th! We will be serving Bruschetta on Crostini, diced tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil and minced garlic tossed with olive oil and white balsamic vinaigrette served on top of thinly sliced baked seasoned French bread. Our Crostini’s will be paired with your choice of a delicious Pinot Noir or Pinot Gris. This is a perfect way to taste a dishes from some of Niagara’s coveted restaurants paired perfectly with a wine at each winery. Explore half of the trail each weekend (see below).
Tickets include a tasting of 3 wines and one sample of cuisine at each winery, and a commemorative wine glass from your starting winery.
Tickets do not include transportation. A list of suggested companies may be found here. A valid photo ID with proof of age is required to participate in wine tasting. Please have your ID ready upon arrival.Designated drivers and nondrinker attendees are welcome at the wineries at no charge.
April 4–6 Participating wineries and pairings:
• BlackBird Cider Works – Spent Grain Pretzels from Woodcock Brothers Brewing Company, with a gourmet mustard dip. Pretzels paired with our draft hard cider
• Black Willow Winery – Spiedini of fresh mozzarella, basil, & tomato dressed with our very own artisan Hojiblanca olive oil and 18yr aged balsamic, accompanied with a crostini
• Chateau Niagara Winery – Pasta sampler paired with new release Bliss wine (blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay)
• Lake Ontario Winery – Pairing Semi Dry Riesling with (appetizer size) baguette bread topped with homemade mozzarella & drizzled with a mild olive oil and cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar
• Leonard Oakes Estate Winery – Beef Stew made with our 2012 Cambourcin; the same wine is also the recommended pairing
• Schulze Vineyards – Pasta salad with roasted vegetables citrus vinaigrette and asiago cheese, by Cream & Sugar Ice Cream Cafe, Lockport. Recommended pairings are Chardonnay Reserve for the dry palate, Vidal Blanc for the semi dry palate, and Niagara for the sweet palate. On Saturday, 4/5 live music at the winer with Dave Stoll (guitar and vocals) 2-5pm
• Schwenk Wine Cellars – Chicken and rice soup made with Stone Bottom Cayuga White wine, paired with a Wine Bread made with Lighthouse White wine
• Spring Lake Winery –Bruschetta Italiano paired with Zinfandel and White Merlot
• Vizcarra Vineyards – Mini cupcakes paired with Becker Blue blueberry wine: Blushing peach melba mini cupcake with a vanilla bean buttercream; Peach cake, accented with black raspberry and vanilla bean, vanilla bean buttercream and cobbler garnish.
• The Winery at Marjim Manor – Pizza Fondue paired with choice of dry, medium, or sweet wine: True Blue or Legacy(dry), Sophia's Sunrise (medium), Blue Beryl (sweet)
April 11–13 Participating wineries and pairings:
• A Gust of Sun Winery – Creamy, vegetarian carrot soup, infused with Sweet Westies White wine
• Arrowhead Spring Vineyards – D’avolio olive oils will be featuring breads with artisanal olive oils, which go great with many of our red wines
• Eveningside Vineyards – Chocolate Brownies paired with red wines
• Flight of Five Winery – Lock 68 wine paired with Pesto Chicken Sliders (a vegetarian option will be available)
• Freedom Run Winery – Choose a sample of one of our Bistro's flat breads paired with a wine: Sun-dried Tomato Pesto with Chardonnay; Sautéed green & Sun-dried tomato with Pinot Noir; Chicken Bacon ranch with Cabernet Franc; Buffalo Chicken with Gewurztraminer.
• Honeymoon Trail Winery – Food samples provided by the Wine Trail Italian Bistro
• Long Cliff Winery – Pinot Noir paired with a mixed vegetable side dish from Garlock's Restaurant, Lockport
• Midnight Run Wine Cellars – Coconut curry chicken paired with Riesling
• Niagara Landing Wine Cellars – Assorted artisan and stuffed breads with a variety of dips that pair with any of our wines
• Victorianbourg Wine Estate – A choice of either Pinot Noir or Pinot Gris, paired with Bruschetta on Crostini from Red Coach Inn, Niagara Falls